We all know that briefcases are classic and smart. But, the thought of carrying around a black or brown boxy thing can seem a bit boring with the new relaxed rules of office dressing. As women, we generally have more flexibility in the business carryall department than most men in the professional world. We carry bags, totes, or handbags with us wherever we go. Most of us have split our burden between two types of bags: makeup, phone, wallet, and other day-to-day necessities in one bag, and our files for work in another (often a briefcase). The first bag with our personal belongings tends to be more fashionable and telling of our personalities, while the latter is suitable for none other than holding office papers and resumes.
- Look for bags that fall under the category of "tote." This will ensure that your bag is roomy enough for files.
- For those of you who are able to leave the laptop and files at home and run around with only an iPad, just make sure the bag is more than 10" deep to fit the 1st and 2nd generation iPads.
- Bags with pockets and pouches will help to serve double duty when concealing tampons and compacts. Outside pockets can be key for stashing items where you need quick access, like phones, or if large enough, bottles of water.
- Aim for neutral colors, and nylon or leather so they will mix and match with any outfit and be part of your investment wardrobe throughout the year and often for several years if you really find one you love!
- Longchamp Le Pliage Tote
- Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir
- Tory Burch Bombe Burch Tote
- Meli Melo Thela Bag (also check out the Didi Bag)
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS Quilted Bag